Friday, July 27, 2007

Vacation (?)

Well, July is almost done, and my summer vacation is half over. It has been a very interesting vacation so far. A couple weeks ago we had a phone call from my sister in Clagary who was frazzled with having to move. She and her husband had bought a house in Calgary and were trying to get moved before they left on their trip to Chicago. We were supposed to get to Calgary on July 16 to house sit for them while they were gone, and ended up dropping everything at home to get there a few days early. I can say this, moving furniture in 30+ oC temperatures is no picnic. We drove Annie down to Lethbridge to have her stay with family there, then back up to Calgary to help with the move.

Tara and the family left on the 19th, and Jen and I looked after their mini-menagerie while they were gone. In addition to watching Disturbia at the theatres (excellent flick), going to the Calgary Zoo, and catching up with some friends, we also had our Harry Potter fix. We caught the latest movie while Tara was still here, went to some Harry Potter parties on Friday night (they had a portion of downtown Calgary set up as Diagon Alley), then bought and read the last book on Saturday. Jen started it at about 8:30 and was done by 4pm. I got it next and finished it Sunday afternoon. Very intense book. Jen also watched a whole lot of Buffy, and I played a whole lot of City of Heroes.

Yesterday we made it back to Lethbridge, were reuinted with Annie, and will be looking after our neice and nephew for the next week. We are also hoping to see the Simpsons movie today and possibly a couple others (I'm hoping to catch Transformers for the second time). Before we left Calgary, however, Jen bought me my belated birthday present: WKRP in Cincinatti Season 1! I'm already done the first disc. This brings me to this issues top 10 list:

My top 10 Favorite Sitcoms of All Time:
10. 3rd Rock From the Sun (nobody goes over the top better than John Lithgow)
9. ALF (he's back, in Pog form)
8. Everybody Loves Raymond (I'm glad my family isn't like his)
7. The Cosby Show (Cos rules!)
6. Happy Family (only on for one season, but Jen and I loved it. John Laroquette is brilliant)
5. The Simpsons (19 years and counting)
4. Dinosaurs (Not The Mamma!)
3. Night Court (If I am ever brought before a judge, I hope it'll be like that one)
2. Corner Gas (I've been were they film it! Nothing sums up Saskatchewan better than this show)
1. WKRP in Cincinatti (here is my favorite clip)

1 comment:

Heather said...

ROFL so funny. WKRP in cincinaaaati. im going to have that jingle in my head all day.