Thursday, February 12, 2009

First Blog Away From Home

Here I am at parent teacher conferences for my new school, and I have nothing to do. This is because these interviews are for last semester, and I am new here, so many parents just stop by to meet me and then leave. Don't get me wrong, I have had several good talks and visits, but I have hit a lull and thought I would try to post a blog while I have some time.

The new school is great. The staff here are amazing. I feel very much at home. There are a few things that I am still getting used to, but over all I am happy. Life is good on the professional front.

I have been feeling a bit down lately for some reason. I am not sure if it is the lack of sleep or what, but my energy levels are a bit low. I have been wrking a heck of a lot harder this week, and I am having fun working with the SMART board (I can actually drag components of my lesson on the board and be much more versatile with my lessons than before). I am looking forward to going to the temple in Edmonton this weekend, especially because I'll be spending some time with Matt Harker. I just wish that he lived much closer to where I am these days.

The koalas are at the zoo, and Tuesday I had a chance to get a sneak peak at them. I believe that this is the first time I have seen live koalas, and they are a bit bigger than I expected them to be. Yes, they are quite cute, and they were actually awake when I was there. I have some pictures taken, but I am still figuring out how to install some of the photo programs on my new computer (stupid VISTA). They should be posted soon. Apparently they sleep for about 18-20 hours a day, so I'm guessing that most of the time they will be dozing when I see them. You know, volunteering there has been great. Liz, my new BFF at FFCA, came by and I showed her around after my volunteer shift last Saturday. I think if I ever get tired of teaching, I should get a job at the zoo as their official tour guide. So, for the few of you who are following this blog, let me know the next time you are in town and I'll be happy to give you the 5 Star tour.

So since I am blogging here at the teacher interviews, I'll give you the top 10 places that I would like to blog from in the future:

10. San Deigo. I went once many years ago and loved the place. I'd like to go back.
9. Toronto. It would be neat to blog from the CN tower (probably at the ground floor because of my fear of heights).
8. A cruise ship. I've done Vancouver-Alaska, but a Caribean cruise might be nice as well.
7. The House of Commons in Ottawa. Imagine, I could give play-by-play of the idiocracy that abounds there.
6. Hockey game. I don't like hockey, it would just give me something to do if I am ever there.
5. New York. I'd never want to live there but I would like to visit.
4. Edmonton. I lived there long enough, but I would like post a blog from there. Maybe this weekend.
3. Vulcan (Alberta, not the planet, although that ould be cool too)
2. Riding the back of an animal. Probably an elephant, maybe a camel. A horse would be a bit to ordinary. Hmmm, I wonder if I could ride a zebra?
1. Sydney Australia. The only thing is that I fear I may never want to leave.

No comments: